Saturday, June 18, 2011

Welcome to the jungle


Game Park Safari in Bandon, Oregon on the southern Oregon coast.
At this petting zoo, the goats, rams, reindeer, deer, peacocks, burros and llamas roam free and if you're holding food, will chase you down. As we entered, the park employee warned us, "The kids may be overwhelmed by the animals." To which my reply was, "The animals will be overwhelmed by my kids!" Being David "Dr. Doolittle" Miller's children, the kiddos had no problem getting up close and personal with all the animals (however, they are afraid of the hand dryers in the bathroom). Towards the end, when Jett's spending money was burning a hole in his pocket, and he whined, "I wanna go shopping!" I felt reassured that my kids are a little like me, too.
Here is a pic of us petting an 11 week old tiger cub, among other creatures. The hat is a stylish coincidence.











This Lion is in MAJOR need of a combout!


No comments:

Post a Comment