Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And say that you love me...


Rachael Ray's Cheddar Mac and Cheese

My kids love Mac 'n' Cheese: the kind out of the box with the powder cheese that resembles Tang. Gross. It is difficult to understand why kids like that stuff, but hey it's cheap and easy. However, when I really want to impress my kids, I make the Cheddar Mac and Cheese version from Rachael Ray (I know, I know, she's not a real chef...but I find her endearing and her recipes uncomplicated). The kids love shell pasta because they are "helmets." I usually add 3/4 of a bag of peas because Mrs. Jerry Seinfeld isn't the only person who cares about her kids' nutritional needs and the helmets need a "head."
But, my main reason for making this dish is it's a cheap shot to get "I Love You's" and "You're the best mom cooker in the whole cooker world!" And isn't that what cooking's all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment