Friday, June 17, 2011

Sclemeel, schlimazel, hasenpfeffer incorporated!

We're gonna do it our way!!!
So we paid $20 (includes the deluxe $10 wine tasting) to take the winery tour. Being the geek I am, I was already wearing my newly purchased Sophia Coppola t-shirt for the tour. Why are tours SO MUCH FUN? Is it the inside secrets or stories behind something as simple as a mural that entertain us so?
Just yesterday David was complaining that the cheesiest tour I made him go on was the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg, but oh the knowledge we obtained about the Von Trapps! Same with what we learned about the Coppolas. Like Francis only allows table wine to be sampled in the old world, stemless glasses, the way his Italian family (and might I add my Portuguese grandparents) did.
This day we watched as they put the spiral label on the Director's Cut wine. The spiral label is a reproduction of a zoetrope strip. Clever...

Francis Ford Coppola Winery

2 comments:

  1. I swear you are more of an historical quirky geek........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that an invitation to join your department?

    ReplyDelete