Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Que Pasa, Ny?

"Standing on a corner
Just me and my family"

So we've been ready for New York for some time, but is New York ready for us?
The Museum of Natural History is the kind of place where David would drag me to and I'd tolerate, but now that it's been featured in TWO movies I'm all over it!

Huge dinosaurs!

"Dumb-Dumb, me want gum-gum!"

Dioramas (so cheesy they are cool) of cute animals that were killed and stuffed for our viewing pleasure. If you look closely at the giraffe's neck you can see two bullet wounds.

Displays of varmint, AKA "Glass case of rodents people like to kill." I spotted two mice that look familiar. And Mom, guess what? You know that possum you found in your back shed? No need to worry any longer because he's dead, stuffed and on display at the American Museum of Natural History!

We took a break and ate lunch at "Shake Shack," a hugely popular hamburger joint. Local brew on tap! After looking at all those stuffed animals I ordered a veggie burger: a portabella mushroom stuffed with Muenster, breaded and deep fried. YUM! If all of that wasn't enough, all burgers and dogs are wrapped in a potato roll. Why do I like my carbs squared? As if bread didn't have enough G's of carbs, someone decided to throw a potato in the dough!

And then we went back to the museum and that's where we had the "incident." we're walking along through "African Peoples" and Jett rips the loudest, nastiest fart. The first thought is, "Please let us be alone. Please let us be alone. Please let us be alone." but that would be too easy. No, behind us were Japanese (yes, the quietest, modest, unsmelliest race on earth) women who had to cover their faces to get through Africa and rush to "Margaret Mead's Pacific Peoples" for refuge. I won't even go into what took place in the restroom immediately after.

Today I'm alone with the kids and have to navigate the subways. This is a scary thought considering I get lost if I drive off campus for lunch. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment