Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hakuna Matata

"Means 'no worries' for the rest of your days!"

Would you believe I walked my kids, all by myself, back to Central Park!?!? The kids loved the playground so much I did the self sacrificing thing and revisited the area. That and I left my credit card at the Central Park Zoo. Groan....

I can see why all the nannies take their charges to Manhttan's largest park. The trees, pond and lawn areas are beautiful! My charges had a great time playing and drinking NY fountain water-the tap water here is surprisingly good.

After a day of play we cleaned up for dinner at Carmine's (a theatre district Buca Di Beppo) to go to the theatre...Lion King! That took up a paycheck, but hey-Hakuna Matata! Seriously, that show alone was worth the trip to NY. The African-inspired music and old world puppetry was flawless. The kiddos were on the edge of their seats. Like the geek I am, I was full of regret that I didn't bring my Lion King charm bracelet. We did get drinks in commemorative cups. Drinking wine out of a non-clear sippy cup is soooooo high school, but now I have a cup to carry around school for bragging rights. As in:
"Jeanine, nice cup! Where did you see Lion King?"
[nonchalantly] "New York."
"When did you go to New York?"
[excitedly] "Last week! Do you have a minute? First, we went to..."

You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment