Saturday, May 21, 2011

Some girls are bigger than others...

I detest skinny chefs.
Giada IS the devil.
It's all a matter of trust...when Giada bites into a big ravioli, it stops there. She doesn't finish the bowl and she certainly doesn't use her bread to sop up any remaining sauce-yet this is what she wants us to believe! If you can't trust a TV chef, what's the point of watching the show? Now, when Paula Deen asks me to trust her and use an entire stick of butter, I trust she's eating her own recipes. And if Ina Garten calls for puff pastry, the confidence is there. Isn't that what it's all about?
Here's dinner: Ina's dinner spanakopita. I made some substitutions which led to a smoke out in the kitchen, but it still tasted like an Ina dish.
Long live (if their arteries don't clog soon) Paula, Ina and Mario!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just had to ask a question in response to your post tonight, which you write beautifully btw, no surprise there, however...are you the pot or the kettle? I mean, when you speak so venomously about Giada because you say you can't trust a skinny chef, why are you always wanting us to eat and enjoy what you cook?? We could use the same argument about you, miss size two! Think about that the next time you besmirch the name of a perfectly fine chef with yummy recipes! I for one am not a sizist (yes, i just made that up), I enjoy EVERYONE'S recipes and dishes, including yours. I'm just sayin'... :0}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miller Lite has never thought of it this way before...never. Probably because I don't think of myself as "skinny." Small, yes-petite, absolutely, but never skinny. I see how this post might be perceived as hypocrisy, but Miller Lite hasn't given the whole story. Next week I'll post what a typical breakfast and lunch looks like. It's not that interesting, but it's the truth.
    I still hate Giada because she obnoxious and arrogant. She can't be forgiven for the episode where "fixed" all of Todd's favorite childhood recipes his mother made him. Who does Giada think she is adding Cointreau to his Duncan Hines orange cake mix and pancetta to his mac and cheese? Some little boys love it when their very busy mothers come home from work and make them food from a box!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...I hope you eventually get therapy for your body dismorphic syndrome. I'm not exclusively loyal to any one chef, you are much more discerning than I am, its true. I'm a typical middle child and hate to take sides! I look forward to the "comida tipico" of breakfast and lunch...

    ReplyDelete