Monday, May 9, 2011

Just a small town girl...


About once a year my administrators humor me and we have a meeting where I tell them all the things I would do if I was in charge of the school. They are very kind about the whole matter and this year we even had a lunch meeting!!! This is a big deal for a girl who works in a small community out in the country where the local market is named after a root vegetable AND also serves as the directional compass (as in, "Turn right at the Big Potato or "If you see the Big Potato you've gone too far").  Imagine my delight when we went to the new-ish diner "Elm Street Grill," which incidentally is located somewhere on Elm between Washington Union and downtown Fresno. (I'm directionally challenged.) It was a tough fight between wanting to talk non-stop and inhaling my shrimp and avocado salad tossed in a creamy wine vinaigrette. 

Outside looks like an industrial building, but inside is a cozy diner with menu options ranging from Asian to Mexican. Maybe I'll be an administrator when I grow up so I can go to more lunch meetings...

2 comments:

  1. I see the wisdom here. You can't talk their ears off and finish that shrimp salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't have a food blog I'll join in on yours.

    ReplyDelete