Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pour Some Sugar on Me

I can’t imagine anyone who loves food as much as, or more than, I do...Okay, maybe my sister, but we come from the same womb so that doesn’t count...Okay, maybe my son, but he comes from my womb and that also doesn’t count.

Evidence to support claim I love food more than any other:
1.       Often takes pictures of my food so as to savor the flavors days after the fact.
2.      Will wake up at 5 a.m. most mornings to work off aforementioned food consumed (I’m also vain).
3.      Am planning a food road trip en route to my cousin’s wedding in Oregon.
4.      Plan prep period and work meetings to accommodate lunch.
5.      Shamelessly self-promoted myself at work to get a classroom with a kitchenette.
6.      While planning vacations, restaurants are the first “Places to Visit” researched.
7.      My husband bribes me with food to go places I don’t want to go. (i.e. “If you climb to the top of the Iao Needle, there is a restaurant up there.”)
8.      Aforementioned husband refuses to share meals with me because he says I “eat like a vulture.”
9.      Am willing to sit through husband’s work related (translation: boring) conferences for free wine and appetizers (oh yeah, I REALLY LOVE free food and drink).
10.   At this very exact moment, am texting mother about food.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the blog! I need to follow your #2 rule though. I am a foodie that can’t seem to get up early to exercise.

    ReplyDelete