Sunday, June 19, 2016

Moi: strong

Several days ago, as we rolled into our RV park in Banff, I saw the handwriting on the wall (actually it was a paper taped to the check-in gate): NO Wi-Fi, with a ghostbuster sign circling a single cell phone. [Interior monologue: stay strong, Jeanine, even if your wi-fi isn't.]
Not being connected to the outside world, as we normally are, made me more present in the current one I was experiencing with my family. So much has been seen and done in the last week, and although it would be interesting for me to tell every day's accounting, no one would read that much text. Here are some highlights:



Paint Pots-natural occurring color from an overload of iron. At one time, these were used as dyes.


A family picture on the Bow River, named after the wood the natives would search for along these banks to make their bows (as in bow and arrow).

Decided to go to Calgary for the day. Except, I didn't know Calgary was a CITY and so I wore my (recent) standard uniform of jeans and hiking boots. It's a modern place with well dressed Canadians walking from their office to the local restaurant in their European designer shoes. And I'm wearing Coleman boots from the $20 rack at Big 5. Oh well-it was a beautiful day and we got meat wasted at a Brazilian Churascarria.




Prince's Park in Calgary. A pristine park full of geese, bridges, playground and Shakespearean theatre! No riff-raff hanging out there, either.

But, back to nature:



Morain Lake-in my top five most beautiful places I've ever visited.

Jorja, the chipmunk whisperer. She didn't catch any type of disease from touching about a dozen of these guys. [Interior monologue: soap and water].

Nose is healing fine-thanks for asking. David's removing my stitches tonight. [Interior monologue: Where is that vodka I bought in Banff?]

It started snowing right after this pic. Snow in June? Welcome to the Canadian  Rockies.





Lake Louise-now it's really snowing, so the pictures aren't too clear. We had an amazing meal, with an even more amazing, snowy view of the lake at the Fairmont Lake Louise. [Interior monologue: what's more strange-that I'm wearing hiking boots while sitting in this hotel sipping Malbec OR that I don't care?]


Hiking along a catwalk to get to Johnston Canyon...wait till you see the color of the water...


No filter! 

Oops-just one more from Morain Lake! So much more to post, but I'll save it for next time.

















No comments:

Post a Comment